The Director of Marketing and Communications oversees development and implementation of JCP’s and its brands’ marketing technology strategies, communications and public relations activities. This includes the development of creative strategies for outreach to support financial resource development and strengthening JCP’s visibility and image in pursuit of our mission. This position directs marketing efforts to enhance our donor acquisition and retention, and evaluates the effectiveness of our online marketing to support these efforts.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is our brand champion and works with key staff members to maximize the value of our brand, including Jewish Foundation of Memphis, Memphis Jewish Federation, PJ Library, Lion of Judah, Young Adult programming, Hillels of Memphis, etc.
This position directs the marketing and communications efforts of staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of JCP. This position is responsible for determining and implementing strategy in partnership with the senior management team, department heads and community lay leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
o Provides strategic guidance for targeted marketing and donor/constituency communications.
o Coordinates efforts to understand our market’s needs and donor/prospect behaviors.
o Devises and implements appropriate marketing strategies to intersect with donors/prospects, including the use of technology and new media.
o Responsible for working with team members and their brands/projects, creating persuasive messages and strategies to develop relationships with different target audiences.
o Sets JCP’s marketing strategy and mix, including the balance between print, web, email and new media. Responsible for communicating strategy throughout the organization.
o Responsible for overseeing editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all JCP communications and publications.
o Oversees communications, mass campaigns, direct marketing, web and online marketing, and branding/messaging at events.
o Positions JCP in the media and managing agency relations by handling queries from media, including local, national and community organizations.
o Responsible for development of short and long term plans and budgets for marketing and communications strategies.
o Responsible for hiring and onboarding key team members to assist in marketing specialist roles
o Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to, serving as liaison with local and national affiliates and other functions as determined by senior management.
• Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in Marketing preferred.
• Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills.
• Experience in digital and print marketing required. Content marketing and social media marketing preferred.
• Experience with non-profit arena.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends.
Skills and Abilities:
• 3 years management experience preferred.
• Solid understanding of non-profit organizations.
• Strong sense of the budget process and the ability to maintain expenses within budget.
• Strong aptitude for office software to include Windows, Word, Excel, Canva and Adobe.
• Demonstrated strong written, verbal, and customer service skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and projects within allotted timeframe and with a great attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong sense of protocol, tact, and diplomacy to work effectively with a variety of people and personalities.
• Must provide sensitivity and confidentiality in all matters with key stakeholders.
Include the ability to sit for extended periods at a desk. Standing, climbing stairs, walking, mental pressure, lifting files and boxes weighing up to 25 pounds. Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays.