Jewish Community Partners (JCP), the operating non-profit corporation of Memphis Jewish Federation and Jewish Foundation of Memphis, seeks a high-energy, creative, and friendly engagement professional to support the Federation's $3.5 million (and growing) annual community campaign.
With more than 1,000 donors contributing gifts ranging from $10 to $450,000 annually, the Federation's community campaign supports critical services through annual grants to local and overseas agencies & programs that sustain Jewish life in Memphis, Israel, and worldwide. Supported programs & organizations provide social services to Jewish families, connect Jews of all ages to each other and to the community, provide Jewish education, and offer meaningful ways for Jews to engage in Jewish life.
As Engagement Associate, you will work under the Director of Development to engage and connect the Jewish community to the Memphis Jewish Federation, as well as the broader Jewish Community. The focus of this position will be managing PJ Library, welcoming newcomers to town, and Shalom Baby. A strong candidate will be able to successfully manage all programs while enthusiastically connecting these groups to the Federation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to develop a strategy for engagement within the larger Fundraising efforts and community via the events and relationships that are developed within this assignment. This strategy should be documented and act as a guiding principle for the creation and implementation of programming.
- Work to create a framework for deployment of all related programs.
- Recruit multiple committees annually. Develop and recruit volunteers with the skills to generate successful programs.
- Plan and implement at least 1 PJ Library event quarterly.
- Develop and document an outreach for both NewComers and Shalom Baby. The process should be a multi-tiered approach that is measurable and sustainable. Utilizing outreach to agencies as well as other community resources. There should be at least 2 Newcomer programs annually.
- Strategically track and follow up with event participants for philanthropic and volunteer opportunities, using CRM tools to quantify this follow-up.
- Assist in the planning and staffing of community-wide events. Represent MJF at both Jewish community and general community events and programs.
- Collaborate in the development and staffing of MJF committees and task forces.
- Accountability around budget performance for the programs you plan and manage.
- Foster an inclusive culture that infuses Jewish values.
- Collaborate with other Federation staff members on related projects.
- Utilize technology to manage projects and monitor communications both internally and externally.
- Work with staff and volunteer committees to plan and execute special events.
- All other activities as necessary to achieve the goals of the Memphis Jewish Federation.
- A love of meeting new people and creating community.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with a problem-solving mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of volunteer/professional dynamics and ability to develop volunteer committees to implement the campaign plans in their assignment.
- Ability to understand and navigate community dynamics.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to manage and organize information confidentially.
- Familiar with Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Comfort with social media mediums like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- 2+ years of work experience in a professional setting.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Interested in connecting engagement to fundraising.
- Knowledge of the Memphis Jewish community and Jewish communal life preferred.
- Flexibility to work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays.