Jewish Community Partners (JCP), the operating non-profit corporation of Memphis Jewish Federation and Jewish Foundation of Memphis, seeks a high-energy, creative, and engaging fundraising professional to support the Federation's $3.5 million (and growing) Annual Community Campaign.
With more than 1,000 donors contributing gifts ranging from $10 to $450,000 annually, the Federation's community campaign supports critical services through annual grants to local and overseas agencies & programs that sustain Jewish life in Memphis, Israel, and worldwide. Supported programs & organizations provide social services to Jewish families, connect Jews of all ages to each other and to the community, provide Jewish education, and offer meaningful ways for Jews to engage in Jewish life.
As Special Events Manager, you will work under the Director of Development to engage volunteers to plan meetings/programs/events (“events”), and develop relationships with donors giving between $18-$5,000. The emphasis of this position will be to engage a significant volunteer cohort across all age demographics and affiliations to execute events primarily for raising funds from the broad community. In addition, the Special Events Manager will be responsible for leading volunteer committees that execute events for Young Adults, Women’s Philanthropy and other campaign affinities (e.g. doctors, lawyers). A strong candidate will be able to partner with volunteers to plan and execute 2-3 events a month. Some programming examples include networking events, fundraising phonings, community building events, and 100+ people fundraisers.
Executing an engaging line-up of programs and events that connect participants and volunteers to Federation’s annual campaign.
Maintaining an event calendar that is coordinated with JCP and community-wide calendars.
Adhering to event and program timelines and budgets.
Working closely with the marketing department on collateral and publicity, ensuring timely planning and execution.
Significant use of technology to support events including tracking volunteers, donations, and overall participation.
- Develop a thorough understanding of MJF’s mission, vision, partnerships, funding, programs, and opportunities.
- Effectively utilize technological platforms and systems for project management, communication, relationship management and organizational efficiencies.
- Market event activities to engage the target audience and drive awareness and understanding of offered programming.
- All other activities deemed necessary to achieve the Federation's goal of increasing contributions from prior donors and onboarding new donors.
Skills and Abilities:
- Event Planning
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of volunteer/professional dynamics and ability to develop volunteer committees to implement their assignments
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to manage and organize information confidentially.
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to utiize social media mediums like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a Jewish communal agency, non-profit, or outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Event planning and Fundraising experience
- Well-versed in Jewish communal life, having both personal and professional exposure.
- Knowledge of the Memphis Jewish community preferred.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis in addition to some travel.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience , range is $40,000- $50,000
Include the ability to sit for extended periods at a desk. Standing, climbing stairs, walking, mental pressure, lifting files and boxes weighing up to 25 pounds. Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays.